San Diego Drain Cleaning And Related Services
Drain & Sewer Line Cleaning
Pacific Drain with over 30 years of experience is the largest independent San Diego drain cleaning company in North County and has cleared over 250,000 stoppages. We have the know-how and the equipment to take care of any drain or sewer line problem you encounter from the simplest drain stoppage to the most difficult sewer pipe repair. Call us for all of your residential and commercial needs.
High Pressure Water Jetting
Our highly trained San Diego drain cleaning technicians utilize two primary clean-out methods:
1.) Traditional cable snaking: and, 2.) Jetter service. Which method is used depends entirely on the scope of the problem. Generally speaking, a cable is always tried first with a jetter employed as needed.
This traditional method uses a rotating mechanical cable that is fed into the pipe to scrape the sludge from the sides of the pipe. The pipe is actually cleaned/cleared/unstopped by a combination of the rotating cable and the weight of the water itself. This method is limited to a maximum range of 150′ from the access point and is most effective at 75′ or less.
A jetter is a very powerful pump that uses high pressure water as a tool to thoroughly clean the inside circumference of a pipe. A steel reinforced hose with a bullet nozzle is inserted into the cleanout and the pump is brought up to pressure. The nozzle directs powerful streams of water against the pipe which propels it forward scouring the pipe as it advances. As the pressure is generated only at the nozzle head, it provides a safe and more effective alternative to mechanical snaking.
Camera Inspection – Electronic Line Location
Using a video camera to inspect the pipes can identify the problem the first time and avoid time-consuming estimates. Utilizing this type of equipment gives us an advantage over traditional San Diego plumbers.
A Camera Inspection By One Of Our Professional San Diego Drain Cleaning Technicians Takes About An Hour
1. Feed camera with transmitter into pipe. A small camera is put into the pipe. It transmits to a TV which is monitored by our technician. The entire sewer pipe from your home to the street is on video. All details are clearly transmitted in full color and video taped so you can see the problem.
2. Plot path and depth of pipe. We plot out the path of the sewer pipe from house to street by honing in on a signal transmitted from the camera head. This identifies the exact location, depth and nature of the problem.
3. Evaluate sewer and determine problem areas.
4. Explain repair options. We explain your repair options and give you a quote for our suggested solution. You now have the information you need to make an informed decision on a repair. If you decide that we will handle your repair, we’ll immediately schedule a day and time to get it done. (Rush service is available.)
5. Submit written bid to repair.
Trenchless Pipe Lining – Pipe Repair
Pipe Lining puts new pipes inside your old sewer pipes without digging trenches. Lasts 50 years or more!
This revolutionary new technology repairs sewer and other pipes without the expense and bother of digging trenches through your patio, yard or driveway. The new pipe goes right inside the old.
This is the only system bearing the ANSI / NSF STANDARD 14 CERTIFICATION for plumbing pipe repairs. Rehabilitates sanitary pipes, storm pipes, drain vents, and vertical piping systems with ease.
The unique compressed air inversion system allows the liner tube to snake through 22-, 45- and sweeping 90-degree angles.
1. Existing host pipeline is cleaned out with rooter machine.
2. Video pipe camera inspection confirms if pipe can receive lining.
3. One (1) small pothole, approximately 4ft. x 3ft., is excavated to expose pipe.
4. One piece felt liner is treated with epoxy resin.
5. Lining is inserted into old pipe, calibration tube is inflated and expands the lining.
6. Lining is “Cured-in-Place” as epoxy resin cooks and hardens.
7. Calibration tube is deflated and removed, video camera inspects the results.
8. Pipe lining is a permanent, stand-alone, new pipeline.
Restore cracked pipe
Eliminate root intrusion
Close holes in pipe walls
Seal open joints
Seals bottomless cast iron
Storm drain lines sealed
Vertical drain pipes
Electrical conduit lines
Bridge missing pipe
From 2′ to 120′ long
Prevents root growth
Diameters from 2″ to 8″
Adheres to existing pipestructure
ANSI/NSF Standard 14 Certified Structural repair with 50 year min. design life
No street access needed
No use of manholes in sewer main inversion method, not pull-in-inflate
Single point of access
Open at sewer main connection, no cutting
Brand name product, industry
proven & trusted
No maintenance after installation
Stops infiltration / ex-filtration
Meets EPA standards IAPMO approval
Trenchless Sewer Repair – Pipe Bursting
Replaces your old pipe with new pipe without major digging!
Pipe bursting technology pulls a powerful head device through a damaged sewer lateral pipe, shattering it and pushing the broken up pieces out into the soil. At the same time, a new polyethylene pipe is pulled in place behind this head device. The end result is a new pipe in place where the old pipe had been.
This trenchless sewer repair method is ideal for replacing deteriorating pipes or long stretches of damaged pipeline.
1. Video camera inspection identifies the nature of the problem; pipe bursting is determined to be the best repair option.
2. A small access hole is dug at each end of the pipe being replaced to provide access to the pipe.
3. A cable is fed through the section of pipe to be replaced.
4. The heavy duty breaking head is then inserted at one end of the damaged old pipe and winched through, breaking it up.
5. At the same time, a new pipe is pulled in behind the old pipe.
6. The new pipe is connected to the existing pipes at each end—and you have a new pipeline!
7. The access holes are filled.